Most of the elementary schools in Chicago seem to have more random days off than in years past. Sometimes these days can catch parents off guard. What to do when your kids are going to be home all day in the middle of the week?! Well, if you didn’t schedule appointments with your Chicago pediatrician or dentist for a check-up, then try one of these fun ideas to keep your kids active and healthy on their days off.
1. Help them make a treasure hunt, indoors our out, depending on the weather. Once they’re done they can invite friends over to find the treasure (the treasure can be almost anything, since the real prize is following the clues!). When the hunt is over, serve a small picnic for the hungry hunters.
2. Hold an art exhibit. Get out the paints and modeling clay and then let your kids spend the morning creating works of art to display.
3. Healthy kids are active kids, so help them plan a kid Olympics! Give them the freedom to choose how to judge and award medals, then sit back and watch them wear themselves out!
4. Have a family history day. Encourage your kids to write in their journals and ask them to share some favorite family stories that you can record in their own words. If you have stories of your ancestors, this is a good time to share them with your kids.
5. Go visit a local Illinois, Midwest, or United States museum, historical site, petting zoo, or aquarium. Remember, this is a day to do something with your kids that you’ve always been putting off, so do it!
6. Visit a resident of a local Chicago convalescent home. Some elderly men and women rarely get visitors. Your kids will feel good about brightening someone’s day. They could bring them flowers or an original piece of art. (See activity number 2.) My name is Michelle Myers and I want to help Chicago families to raise healthy, happy kids. Issues such as proper nutrition for children and childhood obesity in United States concern me. I am the owner of a Chicago area home business that sells X Power Square.
If you are interested in learning more, visit my web site at myershealthychocolate.com or call me at (847) 414-1235.
Michelle Michelle Myers
Chicago, Illinois 60062
X Power Square
Join Xocai today!
I am Michelle Myers, and I am a Chicago-based Xocai artisan chocolate distributor. I joined Xocai in march 2008. I sell the industry-leading Xobiotic and X Power Square online and in Chicago, Illinois, Midwest, and United States. Our valued Chicago customers recommend X Power Square because X Power Square changed my family’s health and allows me the freedom to run my own business..
Xocai is also a fantastic Xobiotic home-based business in the Chicago area. Illinois entrepreneurs can supplement their income by cashing in on a high-demand Illinois healthy artisan chocolate market. To learn more about Xocai, visit myershealthychocolate.com.
Call me at (847) 414-1235 to own your own Xobiotic business in Chicago, Illinois, Midwest, or United States.